Foot / Ankle Surgery
- Athletes of all levels and people from all walks of life know the debilitating pain and weakness that can come from a foot or ankle injury.
- They also know where to find the foot and ankle specialists who can get them back on their feet.
- At UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth, our physicians are proficient in all surgical and non-surgical solutions for foot and ankle pain.
- In some cases, pads can help adjust the way you walk. In other cases, ankle replacement or reconstruction may be required.
- No matter what, the first step is calling our foot and ankle specialists.
Hand / Upper Extremity
- It's easy to take our hands, wrists and elbows for granted.
- Most of use use them every day to eat, drive, work and play without even thinking about them.
- That's why an injury or orthopaedic condition such as tendonitis, broken bones, torn ligaments or sprains can dramatically affect your quality of life.
- If you suffer from pain in the hand or upper extremities, turn to the acclaimed physicians at UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth.
- Our surgeons will recommend the orthopaedic treatment that's right for you, whether that means surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation (also known as physiatry) or a combination of therapies.
- In other words, we'll help you put pain-free living within your reach.
- At UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth, we are committed to providing the highest level of care to patients suffering from pain, numbness or weakness anywhere from the neck to the lower back.
- Among the many treatment options available to you, we specialize in spine surgery, deformity reconstruction, physical medicine and rehabilitation (also known as physiatry).
- Our facility also houses a physical therapy center fully equipped and staffed by a team of licensed physical therapists specializing in the care of spinal disorders.
- To put lower back and neck pain behind you, turn to the UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth.
Sport Medicine / Shoulder
- UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth, is a leader in the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of sports-related injuries.
- No matter your age or activity level, trust the physicians at UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth to get you back in the game sooner than you ever thought possible.
- Shoulder injuries such as cuff tendonitis, tears and adult shoulder arthritis are common in patients from all walks of life.
- Whether you pitch in the big leagues or just suffer big league shoulder pain, UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth will make sure you receive the same extraordinary care as an athlete with "a million dollar arm".
- It doesn't matter ifyou suffer minor discomfort or debilitating pain, our shoulder expert will treat you using a combination of non-surgical modalities such as therapy, exercise physical medicine and rehabilitation (also known as physiatry) or surgery if necessary.
- When you're ready to end that nagging shoulder pain for good, turn to UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth.
- Orthopaedic Trauma conditions include: fractures and dislocations as well as severe soft tissue injuries caused by traumatic events.
- Common orthopaedic traumatic injuries include femoral and tibial shaft fractures, acetabular and pelvic fractures, spine and spinal cord injuries.
- Polytraumatized patients are those unique individuals with numerous skeletal and other primary organ system injuries, usually caused by high energy traumatic events.
- We coordinate the orthopaedic portion of the patient's care with other subspecialties in order to optimize the clinical outcome.
- We provide numerous orthopaedic services including skeletal realignments and stabilizations using closed, percutaneous, external and internal fixation techniques.
- Similarly, we treat associated soft tissue injuries using a variety of methods.
- Our physicians are also experts at reconstruction of post traumatic conditions such as nonunions, malunions, excessive bone loss, etc.
- Another of our "services" is advancing the orpaedic trauma education of physicians and medical personnel.
- We also provide innovative orthopaedic trauma research, which further improves clinical care.