Student Support Services
Personal computer support for student computers is available from UNTHSC Helpdesk and Client Services. This is a "drop off" fee based service.
To take advantage of these services, contact the Student Helpdesk:
- Call the Helpdesk at 817.735.2192 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
- Email the Student Helpdesk at email@example.com
- Drop by the Library, Room 205
- Monday -Friday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Extended Hour/Weekend Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Services offered for students participating in the laptop one-to-one program (TCOM, PA, PT):
- Full warranty support at no cost
- Full software support at no cost
- *Repeated virus/malware removal may result in fees @ $45.00/hour
Services for all other student personal computers @$45.00/hour include:
- Configuring UNTHSC services (i.e. Wireless, VPN)
- Software and Hardware troubleshooting
- Virus/Malware removal
Responsibilities of the student computer user:
- Any hardware devices, components, peripherals or software must be purchased and supplied by the student.
- Software will not be reinstalled without the original media, unless it is software supplied by UNTHSC.
- The student must "drop off" the equipment, peripherals, and software for repair.
- The student is responsible for data and file backup prior to visit. Helpdesk and Client Services and UNTHSC will not be held liable for any data loss.
- The student must agree to the liability and warranty statement.
- Abandoned computers (left in the technician area over 45 days) will be passed to Property Control to handle according to policy after 3 attempts have been made to contact the owner.
General Terms and Conditions
End user agrees to abide by the terms and conditions in the UNTHSC Electronic Use Policy and the Computer Security Policy. Helpdesk and Client Services and the UNTHSC will not be liable for any software or hardware damage done while configuring, installing or troubleshooting the software and hardware on the end users' personal PC. The end user is responsible for backing up all vital data from the machine before service, and Helpdesk and Client Services and UNTHSC will not be liable for any loss of data. Fees will be assessed upon completion of service. Non-payment will be addressed with the Dean of the student's school. There will be a 30 day warranty on any work performed. Computers will be tracked by the end user that presented the machine for service, and will only be released to the same individual. Abandoned computers (left in the technician area over 45 days) will be passed to Property Control to handle according to policy after 3 attempts have been made to contact the owner.
Pages in Student Support
- You are here:
- Connecting to TCOM Calendars