Now That You're Admitted
New Student Information
Now That You're Admitted!
What needs to be done prior to New Student Orientation?
- You should register you and your family for Discover myHSC Day 2014- Registration coming soon!
- Start working on your Getting Ready for UNTHSC checklist! [Updated 11/26/13 - please print and bring to NSO]
- Review the New Student Orientation Resource Guide.
- Submit Immunization records to Student Health Clinic via fax, email or mail. Click HERE for the basic immunization requirements. Please contact the Student Health Clinic regarding other required documentation.
- Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement: Click here for more information.
Student Identification Cards
During NSO you will be taking your picture for your student ID. Your student ID will be used for entering buildings after hours, using library sources, pharos printing and parking garages. You are required to carry your ID at all times on campus.
University Email Address
During NSO you will be given a university email account that will be the primary means of communication with students. It is your responsibility as a student to check your student email for important information from professors, academic deadlines, events, job postings etc. Instructions will be given during NSO on activating your email account.
ALL students will be charged for the UNT System health insurance coverage underwritten by United Healthcare Student Resources unless you have insurance coverage from another health insurance carrier that meets the minimum qualifications set forth by the institution. The policy on student health and minimum health insurance qualifications can be viewed on the Student Policies website.
You will receive your award notification two-three weeks prior to New Student Orientation. For more information visit the Financial Aid website.
Student Financials will begin processing your student loan refund checks either during NSO. You will be notified via email when your refund check is available for pick up. As a new student, your first disbursement will be by paper check. You may sign up for direct deposit for subsequent disbursements. You will pick up your check for the Cashier's Office, EAD 270. For more information please visit the Student Financials website.
*See your Academic Program's Orientation page for information specific to your academic program. Also, see your academic department's page for additional information.