Canvas Technical Requirements
Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, or any other device* with a modern web browser.
Supported desktop browsers include the last two versions of:
Canvas requires the following browser components:
- Flash is required for media recording, streaming, viewing, and uploading.
- The Java plug-in is required for several features in Canvas.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view documents in your browser.
To test if your browser is compatible with Canvas, please visit the UNT Health Science Center Canvas login page.
Computer Hardware Requirements
You are required to have use of a computer system with the following specifications and components**:
- 2 GHz processor or faster
- 1GB RAM or greater
- 80 GB hard drive or larger
- Cable/DSL broadband connection or better
- 1024x768 or greater resolution monitor
- Video card
- Sound card with speakers
- CD-ROM drive
- Inkjet or laser printer
- Computer microphone
- A web camera capable of video web conferencing
While Canvas is supported on Android and iOS mobile devices, it is optimized for desktop displays. Since Canvas uses flash, certain features may not be available to you on your mobile device. Using your desktop to submit assignments, discussion posts, and take quizzes is highly recommended.
*Canvas is optimized for desktop displays.
**Your instructor may require additional hardware or software for your course.
Pages in Online Education
- You are here: Instructions
- Complaint Process for UNTHSC Students Enrolled in Online Courses