Canvas Technical Requirements
Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, or any other device with a modern web browser.
Supported desktop browsers include the latest versions of:
Canvas also requires the following browser components:
- Flash is required for media recording, streaming, viewing, and uploading.
- The Java plug-in is required for several features in Canvas.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view documents in your browser.
To test if your browser is compatible with Canvas, please visit the UNT Health Science Center Canvas login page.
Computer Hardware Requirements
You are required to have use of a computer system with the following specifications and components:
- 2 GHz processor or faster
- 1GB RAM or greater
- 80 GB hard drive or larger
- Cable/DSL broadband connection or better
- 1024x768 resolution monitor or greater and supporting video card
- Sound card with speakers
- CD-ROM drive
- Inkjet or laser printer
- Computer microphone
- A web camera capable of video web conferencing and editin
While Canvas is supported on Android and iOS mobile devices, it is optimized for desktop displays. Since Canvas uses flash, certain features may not be available to you on your mobile device. Using your desktop to submit assignments, discussion posts, and take quizzes is highly recommended.
Pages in Online Education
- You are here: Instructions
- Complaint Process for UNTHSC Students Enrolled in Online Courses