The UNTHSC Police Department would like to remind you that if you receive a citation while on campus you have ten (10) days to appeal the citation to the Citation Appeal Board. The Appeal Board is composed of two HSC employees and one student and they meet once a month to review all of the appeals that have been filed. The appeal forms can be found on the HSC Police Department website or picked up at the police department.
Once the Citation Appeal Board makes its decision, you will be notified of the outcome. If your appeal has been denied, you will need to make arrangements to pay the citation. The parking office is open from 7:30 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
• After the initial ten day period the citation cannot be appealed without approval of the Parking Office.
• There will be a ten day period after the decision of the appeals process to pay the citation.
• If the citation has not been paid at the end of the ten day period, a reminder will be sent to the person who received the citation to come by and resolve the issue.
• If no response is generated by that letter, another letter will be sent to the violator along with a letter to the employee’s supervisor, informing them of the employee’s failure to resolve the citation issue. Students will have a hold placed on their account in the Bursar's Office.
• If this letter does not generate a response, then a letter will be sent to the employee or student informing them that their vehicle is subject to being booted if it is located on campus.
• If this letter does not result in the resolution of the citation, and the vehicle is located on campus and has been booted, it will be necessary for the employee or student to immediately resolve the issues involving the citations and pay an additional fee for the removal of the boot.
Citations that are issued on campus are $25.00 per violation. Parking in a Disabled/Handicapped Space is $100.00. Please visit the HSC Police Department's website for additional information regarding parking, or police services.
Click here for a Citation Appeal Form