Writing and Presentation Support
NEED HELP WITH A PAPER OR PRESENTATION?
CAP is here to help!
Types of Writing support:
- CAP will provide feedback on writing samples submitted to our office via the Writing Submission Form.
- Writing Well Workshop Series
- Drop-in Hours for Quick Questions about Writing
- Appointment based Writing Assistance
- CAP writing tutors will provide feedback on:
- Rhetorical Situation
- Content as it relates to the reader
- Purpose and Focus
- Diction & Syntax
- Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling
Types of Presentation Support:
- Practice presentation for CAP staff
- Receive feedback on presentation skills
- Review power-point slides and handouts for ease of use by audience
- CAP does not provide editing services for UNTHSC students
- A list of outside editors is available upon request by sending an email to CAP@unthsc.edu
To Receive CAP Writing Support Services:
- Submit your paper to CAP via the Writing Submission Form. You will be asked for your EUID & password. Enter UNTHSC\euid for username and your email password.
Enter the Writing Submission Form
- Please allow 3 business days to review the paper
- Up to 5 pages per paper will be reviewed
- One personal statement per student will be reviewed. This includes optional essays.
- CAP writing tutors will review a paper one time. Please do not resubmit.
- A Guide to Using Feedback from a CAP Writing Tutor
Drop-In or Individual Appointments are Available in the CAP main office (CEE-EAD 260):
- 30-minute Appointments are available:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12 noon - 4 pm
- Friday 11 am - 1 pm
- Please call 817-735-2531 to make an appointment with the CAP Graduate Writing Assistant
Great Article on Writing Dissertations: My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Dissertation by Rachel Herrmann