Deadline to submit abstract to RAD is February 4, 2014 at Midnight.
Please note staff will not be available after 5 PM for questions.
In order to revise the abstract you must include your email address in the list of authors. Not including your email address could result in you being unable to make changes to your abstract.
All submitted abstracts will be checked for intellectual property issues and IRB issues
before Abstract Presentation Numbers are assigned.
Documentation for IRB needs to be requested as soon as possible.
If your research project involves or involved the use of human subjects or data derived from human subjects you will need to have documentation of prior IRB review and approval of the project in order for your abstract to be accepted for RAD. Questions about IRB approval should be directed to the Office for the Protection of Human Subjects (OPHS) main desk at (817)-735-0409 or our IRB information for RAD participants webpage.
If your research project involves or involved the use of animals you will need to have documentation of prior IACUC review and approval of the project in order for your abstract to be accepted for RAD. Questions about IACUC approval should be directed to the IACUC Administrator at Kim Cavanaugh (817)-735-2533.
Incorrect information will not be accepted.
- You will be required to create a login the first time you enter the form.
- Review the form prior to preparing your abstract. The abstract contents are separated in to the following sections: Purpose, Methods, Results, & Conclusions.
- You will have a total of 2500 characters (not words) to state the information for your abstract.
The abstract should be comprised of the following sequential items of information:
- a statement of the hypothesis that was tested or the purpose (objective) of the research;
- a brief statement of materials and methods;
- a summary of the most pertinent, significant results
- conclusions derived from the presented data. DO NOT state, "The...results will be discussed."
All abbreviations must be defined in full when first used; place abbreviation in parentheses immediately following the definition.
- Be sure you have all your information ready before you complete this form. You will have to upload a file of your abstract submission.
- When entering an email address, make sure you enter one that you check regularly. If you need to be contacted about your information or if you forget your password, this is the address we will use.
- You may login and edit your information anytime before the deadline date.
- If you have a pop-up blocker turned on, please turn it off prior to completing this form.
- The PI of this project should first determine whether publishing this abstract on the UNTHSC website is a disclosure of intellectual property that could be patented. If so, please contact Joe Allred before submitting the abstract.
- If your research project involves or involved the use of human subjects or data derived from human subjects you will need to have documentation of prior IRB review and approval of the project in order for your abstract to be accepted for RAD. If you have any questions about this, please contact Dr. Brian Gladue, Executive Director, Office for the Research Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (817)-735-0409.
For general questions about submission of RAD abstracts please contact RAD@unthsc.edu or (817-735-0177). If it is after 5 PM please email RAD@unthsc.edu.
The "Full Text of Presentation" file submission is only for your Word document of your abstract. Your full presentation (poster, manuscript) is NOT required to upload.