How (and When) Will I know that a Protocol has been Approved?
Once a protocol has been reviewed and approved, a formal written notice of approval will be sent to the Principal Investigator.
As soon as the project is approved as "Exempt", a Letter of Approval from the Executive Director, OReC or the IRB Chair will be sent to the Principal Investigator.
Pages in Exempt Review
- Exempt Category Review
- What is Exempt Category Review of Research Studies?
- Who decides whether or not a project has "minimal risk"?
- According to the federal regulations, which research studies fall under Exempt Category Review?
- Do research studies involving Children, Prisoners, Pregnant women and Fetuses qualify for Exempt Category Research?
- What do I submit to the IRB for an Exempt Category Research?
- You are here: How (and When) Will I know that a Protocol has been Approved?