Exempt Category Review
At UNTHSC ALL research projects involving human subjects require a priori review by the Office of Research Compliance (OReC), and if required, by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Note that this review process may involve several stages or levels of review, depending on the various features of the research project and the potential risk to the subjects.
Pages in Exempt Review
- You are here: Exempt Category Review
- What is Exempt Category Review of Research Studies?
- Who decides whether or not a project has "minimal risk"?
- According to the federal regulations, which research studies fall under Exempt Category Review?
- Do research studies involving Children, Prisoners, Pregnant women and Fetuses qualify for Exempt Category Research?
- What do I submit to the IRB for an Exempt Category Research?
- How (and When) Will I know that a Protocol has been Approved?