Expedited Category Review
How (and When) Will I know that a Protocol has been Approved?
Once a protocol has been reviewed and approved, a formal written notice of approval will be sent to the Principal Investigator.
As soon as the project is approved as "Expedited", a Letter of Approval from the IRB Chair along with a Board Action from the IRB Chair will be sent to the Principal Investigator. This notice may also specify the terms and conditions of the approval, as well as the continuing review period (6 months, 12 months, etc.)
Pages in Expedited Category Review
- Expedited Category Review
- What is Expedited Category Review?
- What are the Criteria for Expedited Category Review?
- What is the definition of minimal risk?
- Who decides whether or not a project has "minimal risk"?
- What research categories are eligible for an Expedited Category Review?
- What is the application process for submitting an Expedited Category Review research project?
- You are here: How (and When) Will I know that a Protocol has been Approved?
- Who receives these IRB Board Action Notices / Letters of Approval?
- What happens if my "Expedited Review" project turns out not to qualify for Expedited Review?