UNTHSC Faculty Development Resources
Faculty Development Calendar: To view the UNTHSC Faculty Development Calendar you will need to access the site by using the link and signing in with your UNTHSC Username and Password (examples provided below). This site may be accessed from any computer connected to the internet, on or off campus.
- Site Address: https://hsc.untranet.unt.edu/facdev/
- Username: unthsc\your UNTHSC EUID (for example: unthsc\abc0000)
- Password: Your UNTHSC password
Center for Learning and Development (CLD): The CLD offers faculty development opportunities focused on instructional strategies, technologies and assessment techniques with an emphasis on improving student-learning outcomes. Additionally, the CLD provides consultation services on research design, evaluation methodology, and statistical analysis for research projects; and develop customized surveys.
- CLD Faculty Teaching Workshops: Schedule of upcoming CLD training sessions
- Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP): A major program of the CLD that works with faculty in each of the schools to develop their curricular delivery methods and course redesign to improve students' higher order thinking skills.
Professional and Continuing Education (PACE): PACE provides faculty support for continuing education services including consultation for CE-oriented grant submissions, avenues for dissemination of published or recently completed research, conference planning and implementation, and opportunities to change clinical behavior and improve performance.
UNTHSC Center for Research Management: Offers assistance with identifying research opportunities, securing support, overseeing research projects, insuring policies and compliance. Areas include Laboratory Animal Medicine, Clinical Trials, Grants and Contracts, Protection of Human Subjects, Strategic Research Initiatives and Technology Transfer & Communication.
UNTHSC Training Resource Center: Offers include professional and management development, customer service and teambuilding, UNT Health operational training, performance evaluation and management training, supervisor and employee performance mentoring and coaching, process improvement, institutional & departmental needs assessments and Faculty Development in classroom management, curriculum review & development.
Resources for New Faculty
Resources for Department Chairs
Department Chair Leadership Institute: http://www.departmentchairs.org/
This site offers:
- Free, useful, timely content on issues of particular interest to department chairs
- Complete information on a library of resources: online seminars, books, and journals
- Sample chapters from forthcoming books
- Recent articles from The Department Chair, quarterly publication
- Profiles of the most valuable players: authors, journal editors, and advisory board members