Adjunct Clinical Faculty Appointment
Adjunct clinical faculty appointments are granted to those who serve in a clinical environment (i.e. clinical preceptors hosting Medical, PA, and Pharmacy students). Clinical credentialing is mandatory and must be completed before teaching students. Please use the links below for preparing the packet for submission to the Office of Faculty Affairs.
Things to Remember!
- Please submit the adjunct appointment packet via email to Chris.Mason@unthsc.edu at least 10 business days prior to the start date to allow time to review and route for approval by the Dean and Provost.
- Paid Adjunct Faculty - A position must be posted and remain open for 5 business days before closing the position. Background check and drug screen must be complete and verified by HR. Questions, contact Misty.Haskins@unthsc.edu.
- Criminal History Check Form (Paid adjunct)
- Drug Screen Consent Form (Paid adjunct)
Verification of Current and Unrestricted License
Please click on the appropriate link below to verify current and unrestricted license.
- Texas Medical Board: http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/
On the homepage select "Look Up License". Then select "Click Here to Look up a License". Click on the "I Accept the Usage Terms". You will be directed to the Enter Search Criteria page where you will look up the physician's information and download verification for the packet.
- Texas Board of Nursing: http://www.bon.texas.gov/
- Texas Board of Pharmacy: http: www.tsbp
- State Medical Board Links: www.docboard.org/
Click on "docfinders searches" in the top left corner.
Non-clinical appointment in Clinical Department
In the event that you use an adjunct faculty member for teaching with no clinical involvement, they would not need to go through the clinical credentialing process listed above. You would follow the Adjunct Non-clinical Process stating on the appointment request letter that the faculty member would have no clinical involvement.