This organization was first formed in 2008 by combining the departments in ITS, the Library, Media Services, and Academic Information Services. In 2010, the organization was reorganized and expanded to include the Center for Learning and Development and the Professional and Continuing Education departments and was renamed Academic and Institutional Resources and Technology (AIRT). In 2011, Bioinformatics was added to the AIRT services to provide support for research activities and collaboration. The Center for Online Education and Center for Interprofessional Practice were added in 2012.
Our mission is to provide exceptional services, information resources, and faculty development in support of the Health Science Center's missions and to significantly impact the quality and success of the University. AIRT reports to the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost through the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and Development. Click on the department links below for detailed information.
Bioinformatics Provides advanced bioinformatics support across campus interdisciplinary research groups, including exploitation of large collections of data from both the public domain and institutional programs.
Center for Interprofessional Practice Provides an avenue for students in different practices to learn the importance of collaboration in order to deliver patient-centered health care.
Center for Online Education 817-735-2320 Provides support for faculty and students engaged in online and hybrid course delivery. Training is offered in online curriculum design, technical support and best practices in distance education.
Center for Learning and Development 817-735-2970 - Home of the QEP Higher Order Thinking program, support for faculty and curriculum development, educational technology, assessment services, and instructional design)
Information Technology Services (ITS) includes the following five units:
- Classroom Education Technology Services (CETS) 817-735-2481 - Offers full classroom technology support including all audio/visual equipment and related services, as well as consultation, equipment rentals, project management and event support
- Copier/ MFD Services 817-735-2470 - Supports HSC’s copiers and multi function devices (MDF) fleet by providing equipment, support, and supplies
- Helpdesk and Client Services 817-735-2192 - Desktop and peripheral support, routing service requests to any other ITS department, as appropriate
- Information Services (Support for enterprise administrative and academic applications and programming, and data architecture and data services)
- Infrastructure and Security Central computing facility, networks, servers, security cameras, data storage and backup, network security
Note: ITS works closely with Telecommunication Services (who reports to the UNT System): 817-735-2595 - They provide office telephones and system, cell/smart phones, phone billing, etc.
Library 817-735-2070 - Full service academic health science library: electronic and print bibliographic collections, reference and research services, training classes, student study spaces, meeting rooms, outreach services
Professional and Continuing Education (PACE ) 817-735-2539 - Provides educational programs to meet the needs of medical professionals and researchers, the public health workforce and others who promote health and safety
Records and Information Management 817-735-0173 - Electronic digitation of printed records, electronic databases, record retention off-site storage