The mission of the Telecommunication division is to provide telecommunication management and services (as appropriate) to faculty, staff, students, patients and the general public; provide technical guidance and support for telecommunication programs; provide end-user training and to assistance in the use of telecommunication products throughout UNT Health Science Center.
- Coordinate and advise all departments on current telecommunications technologies and needs.
- Plan, coordinate and perform all telephone service adds, moves, and changes at all UNTHSC facilities.
- Process and produce telecommunications services (telephones, cellular services, pagers) for each department.
- Administer and coordinate pager services including activations, exchanging non-working pagers, terminating service on rentals, spare pagers and parts for minor repairs.
- Administer and coordinate HSC approved, paid and supported cellular/wireless telephone and laptop internet air cards including activations, deactivations, support, accessories, and billing.
- Provide front lobby (EAD Atrium) reception and switchboard operation Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding designated holidays). This includes maintaining status of and providing services for key personnel and students.
- Maintain and update the HSC intra-net web based version of the UNTHSC telephone directory.
- Provide telephone, voice mail, cellular services and pager training to UNTHSC employees.
- Provide system administration for the main HSC telephone system. This includes support and maintenance of system software and hardware.
- Administer and coordinate voice mail services for HSC main campus which includes all adds, changes, training and maintenance.
- Administer and coordinate Automatic Call Distribution services for the HSC main campus which includes management, service and support for ACD software and hardware.
Library, Room 108
Ext. 2595 or email@example.com
Content Manager: Sally Ross, Director of Telecommunications
Pages in Telecommunications
- Telecom FAQ
- You are here: