Logging in to your mailbox
- Dial the CallPilot Multimedia Messaging access number, or press the message key.
- Enter your mailbox number, then press #; or at your own telephone, just press #.
- Enter your password, then press #.
Playing your messages
When you log in to your mailbox, you are at your first new message. Messages can be voice, fax, or voice and fax. E-mail messages are in a separate list.
- Press 2 to play the current message.
- Press 6 to go to the next message.
- To disconnect, press 8 3, or hang up.
While playing a message:
- To skip back five seconds, press 1
- To skip forward five seconds, press 3
- To play the message slower, press 2 1
- To play the message faster, press 2 3
- To play the message softer, press 2 4
- To play the message louder, press 2 6
- To pause, press #; to continue, press 2
Deleting and restoring messages
Before, during, or after playing a message, press 7 6 to delete it. To restore a deleted message, including a message that has been auto-deleted by the system, return to the message and press 7 6
Responding to messages
Before, during, or after playing a message:
Call Sender: To call the sender, press 9. Speak to the person or leave a message, then hang up.
Reply: To reply to a message, press 7 1, record a reply, then press7 9 to send it.
Reply All: To reply to the sender and all recipients of a message, press 7 4, record a reply, then press 7 9 to send it.
Forward: To forward a message, press 7 3. Address the message, then press 7 9 to send it. You can record an introduction before sending it.
To play the message envelope, press 7 2. To record a reply or introduction, see Composing messages.
- While at a message that is a fax or has a fax attachment, press 7 7. Press 1 to print this fax, press 2 to print all unprinted faxes, or press 3 to print all faxes in your mailbox.
- Enter a fax number for printing, then press #.
Or, to print at the default fax number, that you set in Fax Options, press #.
- When CallPilot confirms your selection, press #.
To print at the faxphone you're calling from:
- Log in from a faxphone using the faxphone access number.
- Play your messages before printing faxes.
CallPilot disconnects when printing starts.
- While at a fax message, press 7 7. Then press 1 to print this fax, press 2 to print all unprinted faxes, or press 3 to print all faxes in your mailbox.
- Press 0 # when prompted to enter the fax number.
- Press Send or Start on the faxfone.
You can check to see if you have any new e-mails, then listen to the text content of an e-mail, or print it.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 8 9. CallPilot starts to retrieve any new e-mails in your inbox.
- While you wait you can press 8 9 to return to your voice messages. When CallPilot tells you your e-mail messages are ready, press 8 9 again.
- Listen to the header details of your first new e-mail, then listen to it or press 6 to go the next new e-mail.
- Press 2 to listen to the text content of the message.
- Press 8 9 to return to your voice messages.
Note: To reply to your e-mail or compose new e-mails, you must log in to your e-mail through your computer. If you change your e-mail password, you must update it on the CallPilot Features page in My CallPilot.
While logged in to you mailbox, you can place a call without hanging up. Press 0, followed immediately by the telephone number you want to call, then press #. Do not pause between numbers.
To compose a message, you address it, record a message, then send it. You can address a message to mailbox numbers, distribution list numbers, users on other networks, external telephone numbers, faxphones, and spelled names.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 7 5
- Enter the first address, then press #. You can enter more addresses followed by #. (To cancel an address press 0 #)
- When you have finished, press # again.
- Press the 5. At the tone, record your message, then press #.
- To play the message, press 2
- To add options and attachments, press 7 0, then Urgent 1, Private 4, Acknowledgement5, Timed delivery 6, and Add attachment 7.
- Press 7 9 to send the message.
When addressing a message, you can enter the address by spelling the person's name.
At the prompt, enter the Name Dialing prefix, or press *.
Spell the last name, then the first name.
Stop when the system finds the name.
You can send a message to another mailbox without logging in to your own mailbox.
Dial the Express Messaging number.
Enter the mailbox number of the person for whom you are leaving the message, then press #.
At the tone, record your message, then hang up.
CallPilot has standard commands that are common to all features, so you don't need a main menu. If you learn these standard commands, you can use CallPilot features without memorizing every step.
Skip Back 1
Skip Forward 3
Previous Message 4
Next Message 6
Message commands begin with 7
Mailbox commands begin with 8
While logged in to your mailbox, press 8 4
Enter your current password, then press #
Enter your new password, then press #
Enter your new password again, then press #
If your password expires, follow the steps above.
CallPilot prevents you from using some passwords if they are too short or too simple. Or if you have used the same one recently. Also, CallPilot requires that you change your password on a regular schedule set by your administrator.
Keep your mailbox secure by choosing passwords that are not easily discovered.
Decide on a system for choosing passwords that is easy for you to remember but hard for anyone else to guess. For example, you can create a unique and easy to remember password by combining letters and numbers on your telephone keypad.
You can record external, internal, and temporary greetings. Callers from outside your organization hear your external greeting, callers within your organization hear your internal greeting. If you don't record an internal greeting, all callers hear your external greeting. All callers hear your temporary greeting if you record one. Your recorded name (Personal Verification) is used in your greetings and addressed messages, and in Express Messaging, Name Dialing, and Remote Notificationannouncements.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 8 2
- Press 1 for External Greeting, 2 for Internal Greeting, or 3 for Temporary Greeting, or 9 for Personal Verification.
- Press 5 to record. Wait for the tone, then record your greeting or your name.
- Press # to end your recording.
- To review your recording, press 2
- To delete a greeting, press 7 6
- Press 4 to return to your messages.
When you record a temporary greeting, tell your callers the times and dates of your absence, and when you will retrieve your messages. You can set the month, day, and time for the greeting to expire. If you don't set an expiry date, the temporary greeting will stay in effect until you delete it.
In your greeting, you can offer your callers the option of leaving a message or speaking to one of your assistants or colleagues. Tell callers to press zero if they wish to speak to this person in your absence.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 8 0 for Mailbox Options, then 1 to review the current custom operator number.
- Enter a new custom operator number.
You can temporarily prevent your callers from leaving messages in your mailbox. As a courtesy to your callers, you should record a temporary greeting that provides details of your absence and tells callers what to do.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 8 0 for Mailbox Options, then 7 for Block Messages.
- Turn the message blocking on or off:
- To turn it on all the time, press 1
- To turn it off, press 2
- To block your messages only when a temporary greeting is in effect, press 3
- Decide how to handle callers:
- To allow callers to speak to the custom operator you assigned, press 1
- To have callers disconnected after your greeting, press 2
Turning Autologin on or off
With Autologin, you can log in to CallPilot from numbers allowed by your administrator without entering your mailbox number and password.
While logged in to your mailbox, press 8 0 for Mailbox Options, then 4 for Autologin.
Press 1 to turn Autologin on, or press 2 to turn it off.
To receive and send fax messages, your mailbox and your recipient's mailbox must have fax capability.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 8 0 for Mailbox Options, then 3 for Fax Options.
- To print all faxes at the same number, press 1 for Autoprint, then press 1 to turn it on or 2 to turn it off.
- To set a default number for printing faxes, press 2, enter the fax number, then press #.
- To print a separator page between faxes, press 7, then press 1 to turn this option on or 2 to turn it off.
- Press # to return to your messages.
You can create up to 99 personal distribution lists, and record a name to identify each list. Each personal distribution list can contain up to 200 entries.
You can enter all of the same types of addresses to which you can send a composed message, except other personal distribution lists.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 8 5 for CallPilot Tools, then 5 for Distribution Lists.
- To play a summary of all your lists, press *
- Enter a number from 1 to 99, then press #
- Press 9 if you want to record a name to help you identify this list in the future. At the prompt, press 5, record the list name, then press #
- Press 5 to start entering addresses into the list.
- Enter the first address, then press # in the same way you address a message.
- Continue to enter addresses, pressing # after each one.
- To cancel the last number you entered, press 0 #
- When the list is complete, press #
- Press 4 to return to your messages.
CallPilot can notify you of new messages at a remote telephone number or pager.
To turn Remote Notification on and off:
- While logged in to you mailbox, press 8 5 for CallPilot Tools, the 2 for Remote Notification.
- Press 1 to turn it on or 2 to turn it off.
- Press 4 to return to your messages.
To change your telephone or pager number, message notification type, notification days, and notification times:
- In Remote Notification, press 5 to review your settings.
- Press 5 again to change the first setting.
- At each setting, change it if required, or press # to leave the setting without change. Press 3to go to the next setting or press 1 to go to the previous setting.
- Press 6 to exit setup change
- Press 4 to return to your messages
Press * at any time for Help prompts.
Pages in Telecommunications
- You are here: Telecom FAQ
- Telecommunications Department