Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Prerequisite Course Requirements

View pages in this section

What are the pre-pharmacy prerequisite course requirements for UNT System College of Pharmacy?
List of pre-pharmacy prerequisite course requirements  Course comparisons can be found at

What are other requirements for admission?
Applicants will also need to submit three (3) letters of recommendation from individuals who can assess their potential for the program. See Admission requirements.

Do you accept prerequisite coursework from community colleges?
Yes, we accept prerequisite coursework from any U.S. accredited 2-year College.

I completed my prerequisite coursework outside of the United States, will you accept these courses?
No, all prerequisite coursework must be completed at an accredited U.S. institution.

My prerequisite coursework is several years old; can I still use these courses?

Do I have to complete all coursework before I apply?
Math and science courses must be completed and official transcripts submitted no later than May 30, 2014. 
General course requirements must be completed and official transcripts submitted no later than July 3, 2014. 


Will AP or CLEP credits be accepted toward the prerequisite requirements?
Advanced Placement (AP) credit or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) credit that appears on the applicant’s official college or university transcript will count toward prerequisite coursework.

Can I submit my transcripts for evaluation?
No, at this time we are not accepting transcripts for evaluation. If you have specific questions about a course, contact

May I schedule an appointment with an advisor to review my transcript(s)?
At this time we are not meeting with students to evaluate transcripts. If you are still at a 2-year college or 4-year university, work with your academic advisor on any prerequisite coursework questions.

Do I need a bachelor’s degree to apply?
No, but you must complete all necessary prerequisites.

If I have a prior baccalaureate degree or higher degree, will any of the prerequisite requirements not yet fulfilled be waived?
Yes, the general education requirements will be waived, however, Math and Science prerequisites are not waived.

If I hold a prior baccalaureate degree or higher in a field other than pharmacy, and I am interested in the Pharm.D. Program, am I still eligible to apply?
Yes. Regardless of what prior degree you hold, you may apply. You must complete all prerequisite courses by entry into the Pharm.D. program.

Are you admitting transfer students from other Colleges of Pharmacy?
Transfer students will be considered for acceptance after 2016, when all four years of coursework are being offered.

How good must my grades be for admission into the program?
Applicants will be assessed on a number of criteria and must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 in the prerequisite courses.

  1. FAQs
  2. You are here: Prerequisite Course Requirements
  3. PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test) - PCAT School Code is 176
  4. PharmD Program
  5. PharmCAS
This page last updated 31st May 2013