Graduate Certificate in Public Health
Who Should Attend?
Working professionals can now advance their public health training with our new flexible and convenient online Graduate Certificate in Public Health. The certificate consists of 15-credit hours of the five core public health concept courses that are required of all MPH graduates. Upon completion of the Certificate, students earning a grade of B or better in each course who are admitted to the MPH program may apply all fifteen credit hours to their degree.
Complete your certificate with just 5 online classes. Each class lasts 8 weeks, so you can complete the certificate in one year. Certificate courses are offered each semester (including summer), both online and on-campus.
Graduate Certificate in Public Health Curriculum
Required Courses (15 SCH)
- BACH 5300 Theoretical Foundations of Individuals and Community Health
- BIOS 5300 Principles of Biostatistics
- EOHS 5300 Environmental Determinants of Health
- EPID 5300 Principles of Epidemiology
- HMAP 5300 Introduction to Health Management and Policy
see course descriptions below
- Summer 2014 Online & On-Campus (8 week) session: May 27-July 18
- Fall 2014 Semester: On-campus (16 weeks) Aug 18-Dec 5
- Online (8 week) session I: Aug 18-Oct 10
- Online (8 week) session II: Oct 13-Dec 5
- Spring 2015 Semester: On-campus (16 weeks) Jan 12-May 1
- Online (8 week) session I: Jan 12-Mar 6
- Online (8 week) session II: Mar 16-May 1
- Bachelors degree or it's equivalent from a recognized institution
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Complete Application
- $40 Application fee
- Mail application, application fee and request official transcripts to be sent to:
UNTHSC-School of Public Health
Office of Admission & Academic Services
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Approximate cost to complete the online Graduate Certificate in Public Health as a Texas resident is $5,022.
For more information contact the Office of Admission & Academic Services